It is a strange feeling when you move from one place to another. Even if it is on the world wide web. To think that I have own a blog of some sorts since half way through year 12. I like the feeling of having a record of my life, especially since 2003. To read over what I have written in the past, remembering old stories and realising how far I have come and also how much further I have to go.
I am happy with where my life is heading at the moment. I am singing regularly. Not quite doing gigs yet but they are closer than they ever where before. I have one on the 16th of June for some private function. I think this gig will be the decider on how much I want to perform. Such I am such a sucker for leaving things to the last minute, will I do that again with this? Since singing is supposed to be the one thing that I want more than this world, why aren't I practicing and learning all the songs? That worries me a little. I have been pursuing finding bands, getting gigs with the belief that I want to be singing around Melbourne and earning money from it. And yet into my fourth year of this ambition and I still haven't achieved this goal. I can only keep on going for it right?
Being an urban planning student is coming to a close in some months time. At the end of the year (fingers crossed) I will be a graduate with a degree in Urban Planning and Development. Sounds exciting huh? I feel so ready to go out and work. I have a Job Market Function this coming Tuesday where I get to hob-nob with the potential employers. I am excited. I also got accepted into a mentorship program. But that is not going so well. Firstly, she didn't come to the meet and greet night that I took the night off work for. Secondly, she wasn't in the office when I rang. Then when she does get back to me she rings to tell me that she is going to Sri Lanka for TWO months and won't be contactable for that time. Then I find out from another urban planning friend that she is an urban DESIGNER not a planner, which is stupid because they are separate professions even if they share half the name. I am in a mind to email the coordinator and ask for someone else. So ridiculous. grr.
It is my best friend's birthday today. Her 21st will be on a boat. My idea for her present is really cool yet very time consuming to make. But when I finish it, I know it will be brilliant. :P I really must stop these very late nights that I am having. Mostly they are to do with the fact that I have a brand new macbook that I can't stop raving on about. It's probably because I paid for it myself. And the fact that I am actually using the neighbour's wireless internet connection. I am at odds about that. I wouldn't download anything major or anything. Who ever it is really should put a pass word on it and not call it "default" if they don't want other people to use it.
anyhoo, my entries never are really that interesting... and i am exhausted. must sleep.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment