Monday, May 14, 2007

You boy like beef noodle?

Yay! I got into my friend's original musical that he is putting in MudFest10. I am the grandma. She is 92 years old and has a memory span of about 5 minutes. She has a song in the Second Act of the show. It will be on in August I think.

The audition went well. :) In the end I choice to sing "When you're good to mama" and "Summertime". The acoustics in the room were awesome and it was very easy to project. I am really going to have to work on my dancing though. I have been thinking of two dance schools. I think I'll learn jazz, as every place says that is what you need to do musical theatre. I got the call about an hour after I had auditioned. I wasn't needed for the callbacks, they just gave it to me. :D

The great thing is, is that I have the option of just doing the grandma role or being the grandma and doing chorus numbers. I think I'll just stick to the grandma and audition for Fame - the musical that UMMTA is doing mid way through October. If i get in, I don't think it would be too much of a problem to do both since the performance dates are far a part.

Happy and content at the moment. I can always rely on Musical theatre to keep me happy :D

1 comment:

Princess Leah said...

Yay! COngrats hun! I am so coming to see you perform!
Kisses, L.