It is interesting to think of your life in stages or chapters. I am at a new beginning of a new chapter in my life. Granted, sometimes new beginnings of chapters are unwanted and reluctantly entered. However, other times you find yourself finding new beginnings exciting, anticipated, needed and expected.
I am very much enjoying my new interests and so glad that I have finally found the drive and thrown away the fear of learning languages. This has always been a fear and a self-inflicted put down. In the past, I had always told myself that I was stupid at learning languages and I just wasn't made of the right stuff to pick them up. What I realise now is the thrill of learning for personal improvement, satisfaction and development is really liberating.
I am finding myself very excited about the next year and a half. The thought that I will be in a very different place and state of mind in that time is so exciting! Even for the next 6 months, I have many exciting things to look forward to. With only one more semester to go, I will have a degree in my pocket. I hope to add Fame to the creative productions that I hope to do this year. I have started to take dance classes at the Space on Chapel St. I went with a couple of friends on Monday and realised that I am really out of touch with dancing. It's a fun and great way to keep fit and also to build up experience in dance which is my weakest point when it comes to musical theatre. I also plan to start taking singing lessons again soon, in preparation for the Fame Audition.
I am excited about the prospect of being able to move out of home next year and being able to afford a car and actually learn how to drive!! It is funny that I have dreamt of driving ever since I was about 13 and thought I would be one of those people who got their Ps on the 18th birthday and then look at me??? 21 and still on my Ls.. for shame!
The other awesome thing is that I have realised what awesome great friends I have. Almost every night this past week, I have been surrounded by different groups of them ranging from dinner and cocktails, birthdays, farewells, ferris wheel rides to Mornington Movie Madness and dance classes.
I guess, what I am trying to say is that I am looking forward to the future. Life is exciting.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
heya Teegs, love that entry! it sounds like you know changes have to happen, and sometimes, they're pretty dodgy, but that's the way things are, and you're mature enough to take them as they come and see the positive and you've realised that by closing a door, you've opened three more and a window. talk soon xox
Post a Comment