Yup, that's right. One more semester and I am finished with my degree! Yay! That is if I don't fail anything. :p So what am I going to do for the next nearly two months? I actually have some things lined up.
Firstly, I am going to learn Mandarin as much as I can! My new found obsession of watching Taiwanese dramas (with English subtitles of course). This is the first time that I have ever been interested in learning Mandarin. I was forced to go to Chinese School from about year 3...till yr 10. That's 8 years of "learning" Chinese. My god, and to think I barely learnt a thing. The thing you have to realize is that it is really difficult learning a language, esp one like Mandarin. The "teachers" were teachers at all, mostly recent migrants from China whose English isn't very good at all. Most of the students there are already quite fluent in Chinese and are there to learn how to read and write. How can someone who only speaks English at home be expected to learn Chinese properly with only two hours a week. Ridiculous.
So why this sudden change. Well TV of course!! :P But also, I've realised that if I do learn Mandarin I could potentially go over there and possibly start a singing career. Yes Laugh, and I know it is quite far fetched, but I dunno. It's like I have finally realised that I am half chinese in a way. I have always kinda thought of myself as more western than chinese. But there seriously is a market for better singers in Asia, I can tell you. So we shall see how my chinese learning huh?
Also, my friend has written a script and wants to make a film and has asked me to be in it. Which is really cool! I have never done that kind of thing before and am really looking forward to it. Originally the character was written for a guy but my friend thought that changing it to a female could be more interesting. So yay!
I have a gig coming up on the 16th and I am totally not ready for it. :( I don't know why i can't just be professional and learn all songs. For some reason I am afraid of doing so.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So why haven't i been invited to this gig? Huh? Don't you like me any more? I think you learning manderin is way way cool. I am very admiring of people who learn other languages, and whenever i travel i always feel ignorant when they can speak english in whatever non-english speaking country i'm in and i can't speak theirs. I only speak useless languages and have no discipline for the effort required in learning another. Though i have found it's much easier to learn a language when you're in the country that speaks it. Maybe you should have a holiday, it's a good excuse to travel!
Kisses, L.
Post a Comment