Thursday, May 24, 2007

Incompetent People

I need to rant. Desperately!

Lecturers can be sooooo frustrating most of the time. I have this one subject called "Planning and Urban Policy Studio" which is a three hour class. For some one who loves to talk about how communication, time efficiency and participation is wonderful and how every planner should do so. She doesn't herself! I have just spent THREE hours "listening" to other groups' presentations which were met to be 15 minutes but went for about half an hour. Now if you do the math, if NINE presentations all went for 1/2 hour than that would take four and a half hours. TOO long!

And even if the presenation didn't go that much over time, she would extend it by talking and talking and talking about shit all. Why bother go into analysis in the week when ONLY presentations are supposed to be on? Also, this presentation isnt' marked, just a hurdle requirement. So that also makes it feel like a waste of time. GAH!! Sad for the last four presentations who just had to present their recomendations. So all that work for nothing. So frustrating.

Another incompetent person is my "mentor". What another waste of time! These are the strikes against her:
1. didn't show up to the inital function
2. wasn't in the office when i tried to call her
3. finally calls me and tells me that she will be AWAY for two months
4. find out that she is a Urban DESIGNER not an urban PLANNER
5. my friend who is also one of her mentees says she has no personality..and speaks really really slow.

I am thinking of emailing the coordinator of this program and say stuff it. this is a waste of time and i can't be bothered doing this if she isn't going to be even in the country. PLUS you picked probably the worst person for me.

Am I going to have to deal with people like this when I go into the workforce next year??

No comments: